Dec 11 2013, 7:34am CST | by ABC News Radio
NBC’s live broadcast of Carrie Underwood’s performance in a new TV version of the 1964 movie The Sound of Music attracted more than 18 million viewers.
And in case you missed it the first time, NBC will re-air The Sound of Music Live! this weekend, reports EW.com. The encore presentation will air Saturday at 8 p.m. Eastern time./>/>
Meanwhile, broadcasts of three football games and an NFL pre-game kickoff program were among the top 10 primetime programs for the week of Dec. 2-8, according to the Nielsen Company.
The most-watched program for the week was NBC's coverage of the Carolina Panthers-New Orleans Saints game, which was seen by more than 19 million people.
NBC averaged the most viewers of any network in primetime last week. CBS was second, followed by Fox, ABC, Univision, the CW, ION Television and Telemundo.
In this week's ratings news, Monday night’s conclusion of the two-part Bonnie and Clyde miniseries on A&E, History and Lifetime attracted 7.4 million viewers across all three networks. That’s a 25 percent drop-off in total viewers from Sunday night’s part one.
Here are the top 10 primetime network and cable programs for the week of Dec. 2-8, according to the Nielsen Company:
1. NFL Football: Carolina at New Orleans, NBC, 19.07 million
2. The Sound of Music Live!, NBC, 18.62 million
3. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 15.63 million
4. NFL Football: New Orleans at Seattle, ESPN, 15.5 million
5. Sunday Night NFL Pre-Kick, NBC, 15.22 million
6. The OT, Fox, 14.61 million
7. NCAA Football: Ohio State vs. Michigan State, Fox, 13.9 million
8. NCIS, CBS, 12.59 million
9. The Voice (Tuesday), NBC, 12.14 million
10. The Voice (Monday), NBC, 12.03 million/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Source: ABC News Radio
blog comments powered by Disqus