Oct 29 2013, 11:00pm CDT | by TV Line
I could kick off this recap of The Voice‘s final set of Knockout Rounds complaining about Carson Daly’s “coming up on…” teases — and how they snuff out suspense like a fire hose pointed at a toddler’s birthday candles. But no — this time around I’m gonna focus on the positives:
* We were treated to four or five performances during the two-hour telecast that were promising enough to signal a potential Season 5 champ.
* While at least one terrific prospect walked the guillotine, the two remaining Steals were used in ways that did not leave me blind with rage.
Anyhow…enough kudos for Mark Burnett & Co. — lest they get swelled heads! Let me jump to a ranking of each of tonight’s Knockouts from least- to most-promising winner. (Bear in mind I’ll be back overnight to update this post with more detailed reviews of each performance):
8) Team Blake: Austin Jenckes (“I’ll Be) defeats Brandon Chase (“Even if It Breaks Your Heart”)
7) Team Adam: Preston Pohl (“No Woman No Cry”) defeats Lina Gaudenzi (“I’d Rather Go Blind”)
6) Team Adam: James Wolpert (“More Than a Feeling”) defeats Juhi (“I Heard It Through the Grapevine”)
5) Team Blake: Ray Boudreaux (“Hard to Handle”) defeats E.G. Daily (“I Can’t Make You Love Me”)
4) Team Cee Lo: Tamara Chauniece (“No One”) defeats Stephanie Anne Johnson (“Don’t Know Why”) — Stephanie Anne stolen back by Xtina
3) Team Xtina: Jacquie Lee (“Stompa”) defeats Anthony Paul (“The Other Side”)
2) Team Xtina: Matthew Schuler (“Cosmic Love”) defeats Will Champlin (“When I Was Your Man”) — Will stolen back by Adam
1) Team Cee Lo: Caroline Pennell (“The Way I Am”) defeats George Horga Jr. (Ne-Yo’s “Because of You”)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>
And with that, let me turn things over to you. What did you think of tonight’s Knockout Rounds? Did you disagree with any of the coaches’ decisions on Knockout wins or Steals? Sound off in the comments!
Source: TV Line/>
blog comments powered by Disqus