Oct 21 2013, 9:48pm CDT | by TV Line
We interrupt your regularly scheduled The Voice recap with a Public Service Announcement about Adam Levine‘s Battle Rounds Rehearsal Beard™: Dude, you can put on a hideous Hawaiian shirt and allow your carefully manicured stubble to devolve into a mangy mess, but it does not negate your hotness. It’s entirely possible, however, that your common sense, taste level and critical ear may have been moderately damaged by said errant mane.
How else to explain why Season 5 of NBC’s reality singing juggernaut is continuing without Team Adam’s megatalented Matt Cermanski — that tone! that range! that dreamy smile! — a truly vexing injustice compounded by Mr. Levine’s mistreatment last week of the equally fabulous Donna Allen?
What’s worse, the aforementioned Rehearsal Beard of Doom appears to be interfering with the decision-making abilities of the two coaches in closest proximity to Adam. Cee Lo choosing George Horga Jr. over Juhi? Insanity! Xtina acting like Josh Logan overpowered Michael Lynch? It simply doesn’t compute!
Ah well, everybody knows the Battle Rounds is the place where viewers’ smiles too often go to die. And hey, at least Juhi scored herself a Steal — the first time said veto power has been used in Season 5 to remedy a true Voice injustice.
But enough of my kvetcherie — please give a warm welcome to a new, made-up word, born right in the middle of this recap! — let me jump to a ranking of each of tonight’s Battles from least- to most-promising winner (and bear in mind I’ll be back overnight to update this recap with more detailed reviews of the three central Battles):
6. Team Xtina: Destinee Quinn defeats Lina Gaudenzi on The Dixie Chicks’ “Not Ready to Make Nice” (Lina stolen by Adam)
5. Team Xtina: Josh Logan defeats Michael Lynch on Maroon 5′s “Harder to Breathe”
4. Team Cee-Lo: George Horga Jr. defeats Juhi on Gavin DeGraw’s “Best I Ever Had” (Juhi stolen by Adam)
3. Team Adam: James Irwin defears Matt Cermanski on One Republic’s “Counting Stars”
2. Team Blake: Austin Jenckes defeats Brian Pounds on the Bee Gees’ “To Love Somebody”
1. Team Adam: James Wolpert defeats Will Champlin on Imagine Dragons’ “Radioactive” (Will stolen by Xtina)/>/>/>/>/>
And with that, let me turn things over to you. What did you think tonight’s Battle Rounds? Did you disagree with any of the coaches’ decisions on Battle wins or Steals? Sound off in the comments! (And remember, as I said before, I’ll be back overnight to update this post with more detailed Battle Rounds reviews!)
Source: TV Line/>
blog comments powered by Disqus