Sep 17 2013, 1:56pm CDT | by TV Line
HBO’s The Newsroom wrapped Season 2 on Sunday night with 1.7 million total viewers (or 1.9 mil, folding in a replay). That’s down 10 and 32 percent from the show’s freshman finale, as well as markedly below this season’s premiere numbers (2.2 mil/2.6 mil).
In the wake of Daniels’ unofficial renewal tweet, HBO told our sister site Deadline they are “continuing our conversations” with series creator Aaron Sorkin about the show’s future.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• We spotted a familiar face while checking out the new season of Revolution (premiering Sept. 25), and thought Big Love fans, in particular, would want to know: Matt Ross (aka kooky Alby on HBO’s acclaimed pologamy-centric series) guest-stars in the first two episodes of Season 2 as an educated, relentless warlord named Titus Andover.
• Brad Garrett is going Crazy this fall. The Everybody Loves Raymond funnyman will drop by CBS’ The Crazy Ones (bowing Sept. 26) for two episodes, per EW.com, playing the “Lewis” part of the series’ central ad agency Lewis, Roberts & Roberts.
• Twilight starlet Christian Serratos has joined The Walking Dead as “the tough and beautiful” Rosita Espinosa, a character introduced in Issue 53 of the comic book. Per Deadline, she’ll recur in the AMC drama’s upcoming fourth season, with an option to be a series regular in Season 5.
RELATED | Fall TV Premiere Dates 2013
• Daytime TV vet Melissa Claire Egan is headed to CBS’ We Are Men. Per EW.com, the Young and the Restless actress will play a woman who catches Jerry O’Connell’s eye in the forthcoming comedy, which bows Monday, Sept. 30.
• Immediately following Arcade Fire’s appearance as musical guest on the Sept. 28 Saturday Night Live season premiere, NBC will air a 30-minute concert special featuring the Canadian band, RollingStone.com reports.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?
Source: TV Line/>
blog comments powered by Disqus