The 2013 Emmys will feature an homage to late Glee star Cory Monteith, our sister site Deadline has confirmed. However, “It’s too early” to know what exactly that tribute will look like, the awards show’s executive producer Ken Ehrlich shares.
“If Cory had passed away in March, we’d have had four months to look at this with a little more perspective,” he explained. “The reason we’re getting all of this discussion now is because he passed away two weeks ago. But we are going to deal with it.”
The awards ceremony may honor Monteith — who passed away on July 13 from a toxic mix of alcohol and heroin — with a musical tribute separate from the annual In Memoriam clip reel.
The Emmys air Sunday, Sept. 22 on CBS.
In other TV news…
• Marc Blucas (Necessary Roughness, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) will guest-star in Blue Bloods‘ upcoming season, HuffPost TV reports, playing a movie star shadowing Danny while researching a new role.
• Arrested Development dad Jeffrey Tambor is coming to Raising Hope next season as a Natesville resident who pops up in the lives of each Chance family member, per The Hollywood Reporter.
• President Barack Obama will make his sixth appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno next Tuesday, Aug. 6.
• ABC has renewed Celebrity Wife Swap for a 13-episode second season, per Deadline.
• Community‘s fourth season is available on DVD Aug. 6, and what better way to promote the impending release than with a fun-filled video starring Dean Pelton?
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?
Source: TV Line